Follow Our VISTAs...

Monday, May 24, 2010

Tina's KCMO & VISTA photos

Here are some photo links to preface my upcoming Capstone presentation on Thursday. Those of you who are my Facebook friends will probably already have seen these. Those who aren't, please send me a FB request!

A Year with AmeriCorps*VISTA: My picture album of KCMO, Troost Ave, and all things AmeriCorps

KC Public Art: Murals & Art works in urban core of KCMO

And Finally: Troost Avenue Light Show video

If you slogged through my FB albums you will notice that this video was taken inside of my loft apartment - this is just a snippet of my night-life experience living on Troost ;-) I tried to upload the video but it didn't seem to work so you can download it from my google docs site.

"Troost Avenue in Kansas City is the historical racial dividing line for the city and as such has become a symbol of commercial disinvestment, the struggle of an inner-city area to attract business development, and the problem of overcoming racial divisions within an economic development strategy."

-- Tina

No comments: