Follow Our VISTAs...

Friday, February 27, 2009

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

While auditing another Habitat for Humanity affiliate, John Lennon's song lyric strikes a familiar chord. Here we are on the *first final day* of the three-year-long AccessAll program, haunted by the ghosts of participants past as we sort, stack, and file folders away for the program assessment. It was a success in my eyes. My eyes glaze over and I break for a Sonic milkshake run.

Ahh, that was yummy. Now back to papers, back to the rows of names in the audit spreadsheet. Lots of names. Back to thinking about my weekend on this TGIF. Sort, stack, file. Can't wait to play some Wii Fit tonight. Gotta get in shape for the warm months ahead. Sort, stack, file. I shouldn't have had that milkshake. Sort, stack, file. 2:28pm.

Does anyone have the Memorandum of Understanding for Claremore Habitat? I'd really like to get that folder off my desk. Sort, stack...file later. What am I going to do after my year of VISTA service ends? Sort, stack, file. Wait, the Vice President is having an email issue again...brb. Back, where was I? Sort, stack, file. Wow, we've connected a ton of Habitat partner families with broadband Internet. Wonder what they're all up to? Sort, stack, file.

-Kevin Corbett

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH!!!!

I love that last question. I do wonder what they're all up to...

~Holly