Follow Our VISTAs...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Service to the Youth


As part of our service in Winston-Salem we teamed up with HandsOn of Northwestern North Carolina to participate in a Read-In Day to engage youth in literacy and teach them about social justice. From the "VISTA Hub" Jennifer, Laura, Daniel, and I all volunteered at the event. Plus OE's own Laurie Williams, Ralph Raymond, and our new tax van drivers all came out to serve. 100s of volunteers showed up to help at this community event. I was able to head up the social media team to document the event and put up postings on facebook, twitter, and a town hall forum through Americorps. From all the photos and interviews we conducted I will share two to help you hear directly from the volunteers and youth about how Dr. King's legacy lives on through our work today.
-Adwoa

1 comment:

Meg said...

You guys are pros! Great interviews. I will post the photos from Austin when I get them downloaded.