Follow Our VISTAs...

Monday, January 5, 2009

Do I just need to give it some time??

I came in so excited full of visions and ideas, and now I am very confused about my project.
I have not had the training I was told I was going to have weeks ago now. I feel as if I have some idea about the goal of my project but I have no real training or education in regards to the sites I am supposed to share/ market through out my community. Even worse my contact person is not communicating with me as to what is going on. So for the past few weeks I 've come in everyday and sat in an office and tried to familiarize my self with the web sites, my workplace environment and culture, which has been helpful. The organization I am serving at is great, as well as My Supervisor I feel very supported and and welcomed.

1 comment:

From the desks of: One Economy VISTAS said...

Hello!

Hang in there. Each VISTA placement comes with its own set of challenges. Please do not hesitate to call or email me at hkalemeris@one-economy.com if there is anything I can do to support your work. I stuck around with the One Economy VISTA program for another year so that I could help people maximize their talents with the projects they are given. I look forward to hearing from you!

~Holly