Follow Our VISTAs...

Friday, January 9, 2009

VISTA Projects

Greetings!

I'd love an update on what all you have been doing in your VISTA projects. It's Friday, and I'm in the mood to hear about some of the things we've been able to accomplish this week. Do you have any success stories to share with the group? 

My highlight this week was going to the Bertie County Hive in Windsor, NC. I helped coordinate a meeting for a group there who is trying to start a teen court program for the youth. The program is called Resolutions, and it is just in the installment phase. I'm excited to update you all over the next few months on the success of this program.

Hit me with your week's best story!

~Holly

1 comment:

Shelli said...

My highlight of the week was definetly visiting the Forsyth Public Library and meeting with Ali Shoaf. There is so much going on at the library. I'm already signed up for one of her web design classes. And I really want to stop by all the Teen Center activities that are coming up. I also plan on riding along with their Spanish language bookmobile and helping in any way I can (I don't speak a word of Spanish but they say it doesn't matter). I think all these things combined with the internet research I'm doing (and thinking about joining the Jaycees as per Chris' suggestion) will help me get to know the community as quickly as I can.
Things are great in general. I can't believe how lucky I've been with housing and everything. Thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome.