Follow Our VISTAs...

Thursday, September 24, 2009

KCMO Bainbridge Computer Lab


I don't have a video of my workspace but I do have a picture of my little corner of the computer lab, and a recent news video of my section 8 housing unit.

There is high tension between the homeowners living in my neighborhood (where I work and also live) and residents/property owners of the section-8 housing located in the neighborhood. The middle/upper class mostly white residents are making a good statistical case that crime follows project section-8 housing but the real-life factors are...where else can low-income people live where it is close to jobs? public transit? social service resources? free clinics? Hyde Park in Kansas City is really good for all those reasons.
Thanks for taking a peek into my little part of One Economy Connected Communities :-)
Tina Coles
KCMO

No comments: